Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moving Walls Transform Apartment: Four Minutes of WOW! (VIDEO) : TreeHugger

Moving Walls Transform Apartment: Four Minutes of WOW! (VIDEO) : TreeHugger


This video really makes you re-think square footage. It takes the concept of "convertible" apartments to a whole new level. This would be very interesting in New York, although I think it'd still be a hard sell for most New Yorker's, who remain fixated on square feet. The closet thing I've seen to this is those pod concept hotel rooms in mid-town. I've seen quite a few apartments that have been customized with of course the murphy bed popping out of a wall and perhaps a hidden table or desk, or some other psuedo "Jetsons" concepts. The designer featured in this video is miles ahead of any space saving concepts I've ever seen in NY or even the tiny model apartments featured in IKEA. Overall, it's interesting and very cool but I think I'd grow weary of rolling all those walls around. However, they didn't show the most important feature following square feet - Closets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...